Thanks for visiting.
I am currently a MS By Research student at Search and Information Extraction Lab SIEL, IIIT-Hyderabad jointly supervised by Dr. Manish Gupta Principal Applied Scientist at Microsoft R&D, India and Prof. Vasudeva Varma, Dean R&D, IIIT-Hyderabad. My areas of interst are : Machine Learning, Information Retrieval and Extraction, Recommendation Systems, Deep Computer Vision (incr. order of preference, right-to-left).
Currently I am working towards building Automatic Hate Speech Detection system for social media posts to filter out hateful noise, and Medical Information Extraction System for social media to extract novel Side-Effects of drugs as part of post-market surveillance, using techniques from Machine Learning, Information Extraction and Natural Language Processing.
- [December 2017] Two papers accepted at ECIR 2018.
- [November 2017] Two papers accepted at NIPS 2017 Machine learning for Health (ML4H) Workshop.
- [November 2017] Invited talk on “Deep Learning for Recommender Systems” at Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE).
- [November 2017] Invited talk on “Machine Learning & Information Retrieval Techniques for Adverse Drug Reaction Mention Extraction from Social Media” at Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore.
- [November 2017] Submitted our system on ADR-Drug Relation Extraction at TAC 2017 ADR Track.
- [September 2017] Two papers on Content Based News Recommendation System accepted at ICDM workshop on Semantic Recommendation Systems (SeRECSys)
- [August 2017] Paper on ‘Semi-Supervised Recurrent Neural Network for Adverse Drug Reaction Mention Extraction’ got accepted at ACM 11th International Workshop on Data and Text Mining in Biomedical informatics at CIKM 2017
- [July 2017] Paper on Knowledge Base intergration with text classification pipleline got accepted at SIGIR workshop (KG4IR)
- [June 2017] Paper on Trust Prediction in Social Media using Neural Network got accepted at ASONAM’17.
- [May 2017] Work on Hate Speech detection from social media covered in some leading publication house in India. Source
- [April 2017] Got the Best Poster award at WWW’17 for work on Hate Speech Detection from social media.
- [Feb 2017] Poster paper accepted in WWW’17.
- [Feb 2017] Workshop paper accepted in WWW’17.