Thanks for visiting.
I am currently working as a Data Scientist at Flipkart with the Search Ranking Team.
Prior to joining Flipkart, I was a MS By Research student at Search and Information Extraction Lab SIEL, IIIT-Hyderabad under joint supervision of Dr. Manish Gupta Principal Applied Scientist at Microsoft R&D, India and Prof. Vasudeva Varma, Dean R&D, IIIT-Hyderabad. My areas of interest are : Machine Learning, Information Retrieval and Extraction, Recommendation Systems, Deep Computer Vision (incr. order of preference, right-to-left).
As part of my thesis, I have worked on the problem of “Identifying Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) from Social Media under Limited Labeled Data setting” using advanced Machine Learning and NLP techniques. Along with this, I have also worked on a project which involved building a NLP system to automatically detect/flag hateful language from social media feeds. To find out more about my work, please visit CV and Publications.
- [June 2020] PC Member for AACL-IJCNLP’20 Demo Track.
- [April 2020] Position paper accepted at ECNLP@ACL’20.
- [April 2020] Paper accepted at SIGIR’20.
- [April 2020] PC Member for EMNLP’20 (IE Track) & AACL-IJCNLP 2020 (IE + IR Track).
- [Dec. 2019] PC Member for WSDM’20 Workshop on State-based User Modelling.
- [Nov. 2019] Reviewing for ICML 2020. [Update as of March’20] - Couldn’t review papers due to bad health.
- [July 2019] Program Committee Member for ECIR 2020.
- [June 2019] Reviewing for a special edition “Learning from User Interaction” of Information Retrieval Journal (IRJ).
- [March 2019] Invited talk at Alumni Research Talks event organized at BITS, Pilani. I talked about “Information Retrieval from Social Media” slides.
- [Oct 2018] Serving as PC member for ECIR’19 and ML4H@NIPS’19.
- [July 2018] Joined Flipkart as Data Scientist with the Search team.
- [June 2018] Internship work @Conduent Labs on “Fake News Detection” got accepted at ASONAM’18 (Short Paper).
- [June 2018] Journal paper from my summer internship work @TRDDC, Pune got published at BMC Bioinformatics (Impact Factor: 2.448)
- [June 2018] Serving as PC Member for ICON 2018 and DTMBio 2018 @CIKM’18.
- [January 2018] Joined Conduent Labs, Bangalore ((previously known as Xerox Research Center India (XRCI)) as Research Intern with Manjira Sinha and Sandya Mannarswamy.
- [December 2017] Two papers accepted at ECIR 2018.
- [November 2017] Two papers accepted at NIPS 2017 Machine learning for Health (ML4H) Workshop.
- [November 2017] Invited talk on “Deep Learning for Recommender Systems” at Thiagarajar College of Engineering (TCE).
- [November 2017] Invited talk on “Machine Learning & Information Retrieval Techniques for Adverse Drug Reaction Mention Extraction from Social Media” at Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore.
- [November 2017] Submitted our system on ADR-Drug Relation Extraction at TAC 2017 ADR Track.
- [September 2017] Two papers on Content Based News Recommendation System accepted at ICDM workshop on Semantic Recommendation Systems (SeRECSys)
- [August 2017] Paper on ‘Semi-Supervised Recurrent Neural Network for Adverse Drug Reaction Mention Extraction’ got accepted at ACM 11th International Workshop on Data and Text Mining in Biomedical informatics at CIKM 2017
- [July 2017] Paper on Knowledge Base intergration with text classification pipleline got accepted at SIGIR workshop (KG4IR)
- [June 2017] Paper on Trust Prediction in Social Media using Neural Network got accepted at ASONAM’17.
- [May 2017] Work on Hate Speech detection from social media covered in some leading publication house in India. Source
- [April 2017] Got the Best Poster award at WWW’17 for work on Hate Speech Detection from social media.
- [Feb 2017] Poster paper accepted in WWW’17.
- [Feb 2017] Workshop paper accepted in WWW’17.